No-Bake Campfire S’Mores Dip
Get the taste of summer any time of the year with this delicious stovetop Campfire S’Mores Dip. It’s the perfect dessert to feed a crowd, or just because chocolate and marshmallows are always a good idea!
Why This Recipe Works
Ever year, as soon as the days get warmer and the evenings stretch out, my kids want S’mores at the weekend. Sure, they’re fun to make. But the fire can be a little stressful with a toddler running around and it can be a process when we have a whole bunch of families who want to take turns roasting marshmallows.
My easy solution to this (minor!) problem is this easy S’mores Campfire Dip. While many similar recipes require baking, this is a no-bake recipe that you can make right on your stovetop or grill.
It has all the gooey marshmallow and chocolate goodness of a traditional S’more, but it’s much easier for feeding a crowd. Plus, you don’t need to wait for warmer weather. It can be enjoyed any time of the year (it’s awesome after a cold day playing in the snow!!).
Recipe Tips and Variations
- I find that a cast iron pan works best (and looks best!) but any heavy bottomed pan will do.
- My kids actually don’t love charred marshmallows, but if yours do, after the final step, put the pan under the broiler for a couple of minutes until your desired level of golden brown has been achieved.
- Graham crackers are of course traditional, but this dip is also delicious with a crunchy cookie!
How to Make S’Mores Dip
This recipe is incredibly simple and quick to make. The skillet can be placed directly over direct heat on a stovetop, gas grill or campfire grill. Melt the butter, then add the salt and chocolate and stir until melted.
Arrange the marshmallows on top – I like the round ones for this – and cover with a lid or foil until the marshmallows are melted.
Then grab your Graham crackers and dig in! Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 16 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz large marshmallows halved crosswise
- Graham crackers broken into their individual pieces
- Set a skillet over medium-high heat (stovetop or over direct heat on a grill.
- Melt butter, add the salt and chocolate, and stir.
- Top with the marshmallows, cover with a lid or foil and cool until marshmallows are melted, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm with the graham crackers for dipping.