If you’re looking for the best veggie dip, then look no further. This sour cream based dip is packed with flavor and is sure to become your new favorite for both veggies and chips alike. Parties and tailgates will never be the same again!
The Best Homemade Veggie Dip
No TV tailgate is complete without a good veggie dip and this my friends is a pretty delicious veggie dip recipe. In fact, it rivals even the best dips you’ve bought at the store. Dare I say – I think it’s better than any dip I’ve bought at the store.
My husband gags at the thought of mayo, so this veggie dip is made with sour cream and no mayo. It can be mixed up within a couple of minutes, then all you need to do it let is chill in the fridge until guests arrive.
I love it with crisp, fresh veggies but it works amazingly well with chips, too. I’ve been know to eat it by the spoonful as I’m making it. Is that weird? My husband sure thinks so!
Ingredients For Homemade Sour Cream Veggie Dip
- Herbs: Fresh or dried herbs work equally well. If your dried herbs are over a year old, you may want to pick up a fresh bottle. You can also use a combination of fresh and dried herbs depending on what you have available.
- Sour cream: The base for this dip is sour cream. There is no mayo in this dip!
- Minced Onion: This adds a delicious savory oniony flavor to the dip.
- Kosher salt & pepper
Most of the ingredients you will probably already have in your, maybe bar the dill weed. Dill weed is simply dried dill, so if you happen to have fresh dill on hand, you can substitute it, but you’ll want to add more.
I love the combination of the dill weed, minced onion and parsley in this veggie dip. There’s a brightness and flavor that complements both the cut vegetables and chips really well. I think once you make your own dip like this, you’ll have a hard time going back to the store bought variety!
Mixing Up The Dip
Once you have gathered all your ingredients, all you need to do is measure them out and add to a bowl. Mix it all together and you’ve got yourself an irresistible veggie dip!
Other Recipes You May Like
The Best Veggie Dip
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dill weed (fresh dill also works!)
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the sour cream and combine.
- Refrigerate for an hour. Serve with veggie sticks and chips.