Valentine Rice Krispie Treats
These heart shaped Valentine Rice Krispie Treats are delicious as they are adorable, and the perfect treat for kids this Valentine’s Day.
Rice Krispie treats are quick to make and a great addition to any little Valentine’s Day party or to send to school as a special treat. Plus, they are adorably cute, colorful and delicious!
- Rice Krispies – 1 box, about 6 cups
- Butter – 3 tablespoons
- Mini marshmallows – 1 package
- Pink candy melts – about a cup, melted as per package instructions
- Valentine’s sprinkles
Instructions for Making the Rice Krispies Treats Valentine’s Hearts:
Line two medium cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Then grease a heart shaped cookie cutter with oil and also set aside.
Heat the butter in a large microwave proof bowl along with the marshamallows for a minute. Stir, and put it back and microwave in increments of 30 seconds till fully melted. Fold in the Rice Krispies and mix together.
Spread out the rice Krispies mix on the prepped cookie sheets. Using the heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts while the mix is still slightly warm.
Let the Rice Krispies hearts set while you melt the candy melts according to package instructions.
Using a lollipop stick, you can skewer each heart to make for easy dipping, or use a spoon or spatula to drizzle the pink frosting over each heart.
Get creative – maybe half dip some hearts, drizzle others and completely cover a few!
Add Valentine’s sprinkles for the final touch.
While these treats taste best immediately, they will also keep nicely in an air tight container at room temperature for a few days. You may want to separate each heart with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Other Posts You’ll Like
- Valentine’s Heart Sugar Cookies
- Homemade Heart Shaped Pop Tarts
- Free Printable Valentine’s Cards
- DIY Brushstroke Valentine’s Plates
Valentine Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- heart shaped cookie cutter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 package Mini Marshmallows
- 1 cup Pink candy melts melted as per package instructions
- oil to grease cookie cutter
- Line two medium cookie sheets with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Grease a heart shaped cookie cutter with oil and keep aside
- Heat the butter in a large microwave proof bowl along with the marshmallows for a minute.
- Stir, and put it back and microwave in increments of 30 seconds till fully melted.
- Fold in the Rice Krispies and mix.
- Spread out the rice Krispies mix on the prepped cookie sheets.
- Using the heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts while the mix is still slightly warm.
- Let the Rice Krispies hearts set while you melt the candy melts according to package instructions.
- Once the Rice Krispies hearts set, dip the hearts in the candy melt or slather some on the hearts.
- Shake off excess sprinkles. Let the candy melt set. Serve. Better if consumed immediately, but can be stored in an airtight container.
We will be making these! Thank you!!
You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy them!
Best tip of this post: use the cookie cutter when the mixture is still warm! I’ve unfortunately made the mistake of doing it when they’ve cooled. I can still remember how horrible that was. Thanks for sharing your adorable rice krispies treats!
This is a cute twist on the typical Rice Krispy Treat! Thanks for sharing!