Blackberry and Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini
These easy crostini with whipped goat cheese and fresh blackberries make for a perfect late summer or early fall appetizer. They are a rich yet sweet bit that’s sure to be a hit at your party or get together.
Whenever I’m at a restaurant, reading the menu, I’m almost certain to order the item that has goats cheese on it. Whether it’s a pizza, pasta, salad…you name it. If it says goats cheese, I’m in.
I know it’s not for everyone – goat cheese definitely has a strong flavor. But when paired correctly with another food item (say fruit), it becomes much more mellow and creamy. I just love it!
These crostini are the perfect example of that. The sweetness of the blackberries and honey are the perfect complement to the tanginess of the whipped goat cheese. It’s a match made in heaven and I know these will be a big hit at your party or get together!
Blackberry Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1 baguette
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey (plus more for drizzling)
- pinch salt
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- Slice the baguette, on the bias, to make oval slices.
- Brush lightly with olive oil and bake at 375°F until bread is lightly toasted, about 4-7 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, combine the goat cheese, cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the whipped goat cheese mixture on each baguette slice. Top with 1-2 blackberries and a sprinkle of basil. Finally, drizzle with warm honey.
- Serve immediately.
These sound amazing! Cant wait to try them!